Topics and Objectives
This section covers the following topics:
- Laying the foundations for effective evaluation
- Getting to know the value of impact evaluation
- Distinguishing between output and outcomes
- Understanding the range of evaluation approaches and tools available to you
- How to develop your evaluation plan
By the end of this section, you will:
- Understand key concepts for evaluation, including ‘impact’.
- Be ready to articulate your ‘theory of change’.
- Be capable of translating your evaluation goals into clear, measurable outcomes that can be assessed.
- Be able to develop an evaluation plan based on available time and resources, as well as your evaluation goals.
- Make an informed decision about which type of evaluation approach and tool is most likely to be appropriate for evaluating your intended outcomes.