1.1 Topics and Objectives
Module One Topics
This module covers the following topics:
- Theory of survey design
- Principles of survey design
- Problematic survey questions
- Sources of bias in surveys
- Questionnaire uses for evaluating public engagement impact
- Quantifying qualitative data
Module One Learning Objectives
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Use basic principles of survey design to help you create good survey questions for evaluating public engagement outcomes.
- Develop the capability to identify problematic survey questions relating to public engagement evaluation.
- Prepare survey questions to measure public engagement outcomes that avoid the most obvious sources of bias.
- Determine how questionnaires might be used to evaluate public engagement impact.
- Explore how to systematically quantify open-ended questionnaire data.
Click NEXT for Module 1 Outline of Learning Activities.