Design high-quality surveys to get accurate and inclusive results
What to expect from the online survey design course?
This course in Canvas introduces you to the fundamentals of survey design. This course includes how, why and when to use surveys for evaluation and how to avoid the common pitfalls in survey design. It addresses the following:
- Why use surveys for evaluation
- When you shouldn’t use surveys for evaluation.
- How to develop a “good” survey question and response options.
- Avoiding common pitfalls in survey design: How to spot a bad survey question and response options.
- Using open-ended questions in your survey.
- Using online, iPad-based and automated surveys.
- Pilot testing your survey.
This online course is entirely self-paced so that you can engage with the course or access resources when it is most convenient and timely for you. The “Modules” constitute the organizational hub of the course and can be accessed on the course navigation list. This is the location where all of the lectures, readings, and resources are provided. The content for this module is designed to be experienced in the sequence that they are presented. However, you are welcome to use the content in the way that works best for your needs.